Monday, March 25, 2013

TWITTER'VIEW WITH AUTHOR KENDRA ELLIOT




BURIED Synopsis


Twenty years ago, a small private school bus of children and their driver vanished on the way home from touring the state capital building of Oregon. No clues were ever found. Two years later, a boy near death, Chris Jacobs, walked out of the Cascade Forest as the soul survivor. Brain and physical trauma left him unable to help police find the other children and the investigation went cold. Today, multiple gravesites of children have been uncovered at an abandoned dairy farm and investigators determine they are the remains of the vanished children from the bus.

Investigative reporter Michael Brody anxiously awaits news of his missing brother's body. All the lost children's remains, are recovered, except for Michael's brother. Desperate for answers, Michael reaches out to Chris Jacobs to see if Chris has recovered any memory to create leads for the investigation. Unable to locate Chris, Michael goes to Chris's only relative, his younger sister Jaime. Attraction is instantaneous between Michael and Jaime. But so is utter frustration with each other's attitude and opposing positions on Chris's whereabouts and his inability to help the police. Michael and Jaime hunt for Chris, racing against a tattooed stranger who wants to find Chris and silence him permanently this time.


Let's begin with the @KendraElliot #TWITTER'VIEW #Author of #RomanticSuspense #Chilled #Hidden #Buried

Dragonheart: Welcome Kendra, How are you this evening?

Kendra: Great! I'm excited to do this interview! 

Dragonheart: As am I. Tell us, please, about your current project. 

Kendra: #BURIED is my third romantic suspense novel in the Bones Secrets series. I love to write about forensics and mix it with romance.

Dragonheart: What sparked the idea for this project? 

Kendra: The idea of a renegade bus driver that vanished with a load of children. What happened to them? Why did he do it? 

Dragonheart: I love that! When can we expect to see this project? 

Kendra: #BURIED comes out tomorrow. YAY! I loved writing this book and giving my readers more about Michael Brody.

Dragonheart: YAY! I want a Michael Brody! Music seems to influence a lot of writers, what music influences your writing? 

Kendra: I can't listen to music when I write. I need absolute silence, or else I sing along and that doesn't mesh well with typing. 

Dragonheart: :-) How do you handle "writer's block"? 

Kendra: Stress, moan, eat. Reading other RS helps writer's block. Or I'll brainstorm on paper, writing ideas over and over. 

Dragonheart: Interesting way to handle it. Who has been your greatest influence? 

Kendra: I'm influenced by Allison Brennan, Kathy Reichs, Lee Child, Harlen Coben, Karen Rose, Lisa Gardner and Stephen King. 

Dragonheart: Awesome #authors. Do you have or have you ever had a muse?

Kendra: Chocolate is my muse. I couldn't write without her. 

Dragonheart: Yes, I like her too! What one subject is TABOO in your writing? 

Kendra: My serial killer killing animals brought some unhappy emails with HIDDEN. I won't include that again. 

Dragonheart: I admit, I don't like that either. What do you do when you aren't writing? 

Kendra: I read a lot. That is pure relaxation for me. I also have three kids which keep me busy. 

Dragonheart: 3 kids! Wow! If there was a book you wish you'd written, which would it be?

Kendra: Oh, wow. Tough question, a book I wish I'd written? Probably OUTLANDER by Diana Gabaldon. Pure ecstasy to read. 

Dragonheart: Great choice! What is your greatest passion? 

Kendra: My greatest passion is my family. I'm happiest when everything is in sync with them. 

Dragonheart: What one word best describes you? 

Kendra: Procrastinator 

Dragonheart: Awesome. What do you do to relax? 

Kendra: Give me a fat book, a cup of coffee and a quiet house. With three kids, quiet is essential. Hawaii works, too. 

Dragonheart: Is there one, current tv show, that is "can't miss" for you? 

Kendra: I love Project Runway, #Chopped and House Hunters. I don't watch any network TV. It's all reality shows like these. 

Dragonheart: I love #Chopped too. Money is no object, where do you go? 

Kendra: I'd love to travel to the UK, France, Italy and Spain. But with good friends who know where to go. Not a tour. 

Dragonheart: Sounds amazing. Tell us, please, the first two books on your TBR list.

Kendra: I'm reading BEAUTIFUL LIES by Lisa Unger and YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW by Lisa Jackson is next. 

Dragonheart: Lisa Jackson is one of my faves. How do you choose character names? 

Kendra: I think hard on my hero/heroine names. But others I often grab the closest book or piece of mail to pull a name from. 

Dragonheart: Tell us one thing we may not know about you. 

Kendra: I really hate vegetables. Seriously. I eat potatoes and corn on the cob. I don't think those qualify as vegetables. 

Dragonheart: Ha! What do you want to be when you grow up?

Kendra: Lol. I want to be irresponsible. I'm tired of saving money, driving carefully and applying sunscreen. 

Dragonheart: I understand completely. Final question. Of the 7 Deadly Sins, which one have you committed most recently? 

Kendra: Just one deadly sin? I got back from Vegas last night. I'll say gluttony. 

Dragonheart: Thank you so much for taking time from your busy schedule to be here with me tonight Kendra! It's been a pleasure! 

Kendra: Thank you! This was fun.


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and views are always welcome.