Saturday, April 6, 2013

TWITTER'VIEW WITH AUTHOR MERCEDES LUDILL



Life After : Werewolf Domination synopsis

People are changing into werewolves all over the country. Men, women and children are being killed. The human population of the United States is plummeting. Randi and surviving members of her family escape the city and take refuge in the deserted grasslands. They think they'll be safe from the horrors destroying civilization until it comes knocking on their front door. Many will die in the now apocalyptic United States.  Many will be changed forever into something which shouldn't exist. Love, death and new life will be found in the wasteland. This is the story of Randi and her family's  everyday struggles. Beware! Surviving in this new world can be very dangerous and bloody.


Let's begin with the @MercedesLudill TWITTER'VIEW Author of Horror Life After : Werewolf Domination


Dragonheart: Welcome Mercedes! How are you this evening?

Mercedes: Hi--good, good, how about yourself?


Dragonheart: Fantastic! Tell us about your current project.

Mercedes: I'm currently working on my 3rd werewolf novel, which will happen before Life After, my newest release. 


Dragonheart: A prequel, love it! What sparked the idea for this project?

Mercedes: I love to read books that are connected somehow. Like some of the characters from VOW, my first book, are in After Life too.


Dragonheart: When can we expect to see this project?

Mercedes: I'm only about a 1/4 way into it. I'm aiming for it to be out before Christmas. Halloween would be great!


Dragonheart: Music seems to influence a lot of authors, what music influences you?

Mercedes: I love Godsmack,Snoop Dog, movie soundtracks, Limp Bizkit. When I'm angry Marilyn Manson is a good stress relief.


Dragonheart: WOW! How do you handle "writers block"?

Mercedes: I usually take a day off & read a book or watch a movie. My imagination runs pretty wild with that little bit of stimulation. 


Dragonheart: How do you choose book covers?

Mercedes: I design my own. I snoop up the web & find different images, then work on combining them to make just the right cover. However, for Life After, my friend, Greg, helped me with the design and together we came up with the eye and the claw marks.


Dragonheart: How do you choose character names?

Mercedes: Now that is a hard one. I used to try to think up names, but that doesn't work so well. Then I found sites on the internet with baby names and would go through there. But still that's tough coming up with first and last names. Then I happened along a site that generates names and that has made my life so much easier.
Dragonheart: I can imagine. Who has been your greatest influence?

Mercedes: Good question. I guess my greatest influence has been all the other authors out there, indies, who took a chance and wrote their books. I've read loads of them & figured since I've always wanted to be a writer, I'd give it a go. If they can do it, I can do it. My only regret is not doing it sooner.


Dragonheart: What one subject is TABOO in your writing?

Mercedes: Politics! I hate politics! I don't mind sex, rape, violence, gore or religion, but politics, I'd rather shoot myself in the foot than have anything to do with that.


Dragonheart: LOL What do you do when you aren't writing?

Mercedes: I like to read. I play ball with my dogs. I love to shop and who doesn't love naps. Course there's my housework too.


Dragonheart: If there was one book you wish you'd written, which would it be?
Mercedes: HARRY POTTER! Rowling is genius and I love Harry, it takes me away with every reading. And the writing is superb.


Dragonheart: I have all those too! What is your greatest passion?
Mercedes: Hmm...my husband, my dogs, my parents and my two best friends. Course life would be horrible without books and computers :). But I can live without those things, my loved ones, I can't.


Dragonheart: Material things are replaceable. If you could change places with one of your characters, would you? Which one and why?Mercedes: Out of them all, Randi, the main character in Life After. I don't know that I really want to. I don't want to see the world taken over by werewolves. But she's strong, beautiful and has hot sex with men of our dreams.


Dragonheart: :-) What one word best describes you?

Mercedes: Freak, that's my nickname and it's fitting.


Dragonheart: Is there one, current, TV show, that is can't miss with you?

Mercedes: True Blood, love that show!


Dragonheart: I watch that too. Money is no object, where do you go?

Mercedes: Well, I'm not much of a traveler and I've been out of the country once. Heck, I don't like to go to the next state. But in this case I think I'd like to see Australia or Africa, for the wildlife and the African Wild Dog...they are so pretty.


Dragonheart: Australia, yes! Tell us the first two books on your TBR list.
Mercedes: Ok, now that is a hard one. I have like 200 books to read. But the next two I'm looking at are, Close My Eyes by Sophie McKenzie & Zom B by Darren Shan.


Dragonheart: What do you want to be when you grow up?
Mercedes: HAHA that's a good one! I don't want to grow up! I hate the idea of growing up! But if I have to be something, I want to be who I am but smarter and a known/popular author/novelist.


Dragonheart: You can do it! Final question. Of the 7 Deadly Sins, which one have you committed most recently?
Mercedes: Pride. I've been very proud of Life After and the re-release of Vengeance of the Werewolf & I've bragged about it.


Dragonheart: Thank you so much for joining me here tonight! It's been a pleasure!

Mercedes: Thanks for having me! I had a great time!





















1 comment:

  1. I'm far more a Lycan girl than a Vampyr chick ;)

    Great interview! Look forward to reading LuAnn's work.

    xxB

    ReplyDelete

Your comments and views are always welcome.