Tuesday, June 11, 2013

TWITTER'VIEW WITH EROTICA DARLING (Aofie Brennan)



SYNOPSIS
The Cougar Diaries is a year in the life of Aoife Brennan. A newly single woman, Dubliner and mother to two teenage boys - she has to fight for her way of like, overcome the antiquated legal divorce system, secure a fair future from her estranged ex and LIVE! This is about a woman living and loving again, making mistakes, embracing life and giving it lots of welly!


Let's begin our TWITTER'VIEW with Erotica Darling.



Dragonheart: Thank you so much for joining me today.

Erotica Darling: Thank you- I'm very excited. This is my first live Twitter interview :-) 


Dragonheart: Thank you! Tell us about your current project please.

Erotica Darling: The Cougar Diaries, Part II, part one is already published and available on Amazon, Smashbooks, Lulu, etc.


Dragonheart: What sparked the idea for this project?

Erotica Darling: I actually started off writing a non-fiction book about divorce. Then I became terribly broke & segued into a bonkbuster instead!


Dragonheart: :-) When can we expect to see Part II?

Erotica Darling: I am more than half way through Part II, so another month, I would say. It's writing itself!


Dragonheart: Fantastic! How do you choose character names?

Erotica Darling: The characters normally name themselves. Once or twice I've gone back and changed them, but mostly the names stick.


Dragonheart: Music seems to influence a lot of authors, what music influences you?

Erotica Darling: Music comes and goes in my books. In the first there was very little, but in the second I am using lyrics as the romance grows...


Dragonheart: I love that! How do you handle "writer's block?"

Erotica Darling: It doesn't happen often, but if I am juggling a story line, then going for a brisk walk is fantastic for clearing plot lines.


Dragonheart: Who has been your greatest influence?

Erotica Darling: My parents. They made me believe I could do anything, there was no such word as "can't", so I knew I could write books.


Dragonheart: That's awesome! Do you have or have you ever had a muse?

Erotica Darling: No, I've never had a muse. I think I need another 4-letter 'm' help though - a maid to clean the house as I write!


Dragonheart: LOL, I think we could all use one of those. What subject is TABOO in your writing?

Erotica Darling: I don't think I would not write about something if the story called for it. I err on the side of reality, but not sensationalism.


Dragonheart: What do you do when you aren't writing?

Erotica Darling: When I am not writing, I sing in a choir, I walk a lot, horse ride when I can and meet friend. I love laughing. :-)


Dragonheart: If there was one book you wish you'd written, which would it be?

Erotica Darling: Atonement. The main character rewrote the ending. I'm doing that in my books. Giving ME a happy ending.


Dragonheart: Yes, happy endings are the best! What is your greatest passion?

Erotica Darling: My greatest passion is writing. Nothing thrills me more than being happy with my writing - except perhaps someone liking it very much.


Dragonheart: What one word best describes you?

Erotica Darling: Can I have two? Horribly-positive.


Dragonheart: Yes, you can have two. :-) If you could change places with one of your characters, would you? Which one and why?

Erotica Darling: My main character Aoife - because I am writing her a happy ending. :-)


Dragonheart: Is there one, current, TV show, that is can't miss for you?

Erotica Darling: I don't really watch television...except for current affairs and yes that is terribly boring. lol


Dragonheart: No, not boring, if that's what you enjoy. Money is no object, where do you go?

Erotica Darling: Someplace warm. We don't get too much sunshine in Ireland (although we've just had a mini heatwave). My bones love sun.


Dragonheart: Tell us, please, the first two books on your TBR list.

Erotica Darling: So hard to choose just two...But I'd like to read these nest..Colum McCann, Transatlantic, Lionel Shriver, Big Brother.


Dragonheart: Tell us one thing we may not know about you.

Erotica Darling: I once swam, on horseback, no more than twenty feet, from bathing hippos, in South Africa.


Dragonheart: How exciting! What do you want to be when you grow up?

Erotica Darling: That's easy....A successful and critically respected author.


Dragonheart: Final question, Of the 7 Deadly Sins, which one have you committed most recently?

Erotica Darling: Lust! I am writing some pretty racy scenes in my books so now I just have to meet Eddie Redmayne (of Les Mis fame) :-) please!


Dragonheart: Thank you so much for joining me today. It has been an honor and a true pleasure!

Erotica Darling: I have had a blast! Thank you for my first live Twitter interview. Brilliant! xxx








No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and views are always welcome.